302 Elwood St.
County records indicate a building date of 1875 for the house at 302 Elwood (West 1/2 of Lot 2 of Block 6). David Plank, the local blacksmith, bought Lots 1 and 2 from Edward O. Smith in the early fall of 1870. The 1891 map shows a structure on this lot. A Blacksmith shop is shown on the east side of the same lot. It is possible that David Plank built this house and the blacksmith shop.
The exterior of the house shows little evidence of its age. John Jennings, Sr. purchased the house, and in the summer of 1959 removed the second story, and sided and installed modern windows. He and his wife Edyth [sic] resided in the house for a short time before selling and building again.
A craft shop and residence were recently located in the house, with the craft shop closing in 1999.